Iraq has again experienced an exam-related Internet shutdown, the seventh such scheduled shut down by the government since 1 June 2023.
As we have repeatedly written about here on Pulse, Internet shutdowns cause great harm to a country’s economy and society and are in our opinion NOT the appropriate mechanism to cope with potential exam cheating.
- Iraq: Sixth Internet Shutdown for Exams [13 June]
- Iraq: Exam-Related Internet Shutdowns Continue Into Third Week [12 June]
- Iraq: Four Exam-Related Internet Shutdowns in the Last Eight Days [8 June]
- Iraq Experiences Third Exam-Related Shutdown For Year [6 June]
- Second Exam-Related Internet Shutdown, Iraq [4 June]
- Despite Cost to Economy, Iraq Imposes Internet Shutdown During Exams [1 June]
- Iraq Ministry of Communication Takes Positive Action Against Shutdowns [22 May]