The Measuring the Internet in Africa (MIRA) project team is pleased to invite you to its first quarterly update meeting, which takes place on 16 September, 2021 at 13:00 UTC.
MIRA is a joint initiative between African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) and the Internet Society.
The project uses Internet measurements gathered by measurement devices called MIRA pods, which are located within African countries, to:
- Determine levels of Internet resilience in African countries over time by recording specific metrics, including throughput and latency (the time it takes to reach various Internet destinations).
- Increase the number of Internet measurement vantage points in Africa, i.e., the places from which measurements are taken.
- Make the data available to everyone, everywhere on the Internet Society’s Pulse platform.
During this on hour webinar, we will discuss:
- The MIRA Internet Resilience Index
- MIRA Pods deployment and hosting
- MIRA Pods data visualization